Monday, December 1, 2008

Birthday Quilt


Hope you all had a wonderful and safe Holiday with the ones you love, we did, except for missing our son who is still in NY on base, but home from Iraq and we are thankful for that ! We expect him to be home for good, sometime next week.
I thought you might like to see a couple pictures of the quilt I made for his wife, for her November birthday. She loves primitives too, and when I saw this fabric I knew she would love it. I don't have much time to piece, especially at this time of year, so there is a one yard panel in the middle with 3 borders. Click on a picture to see the cute snowmen that I stitched in the border and in the middle of the quilt. My friend and I liked this so much that I have one to make for myself in the red colorway and hers is just like my DIL's. So I can plan on stitching this out at least 2 more times ! I backed DIL's quilt with a warm, cozy flannel. She was happy with her gift, and it goes perfectly in her primitive decorated home. It also matches the Easy Striped Table Runner that I made her last month.
I'm busy now thinking of Christmas decorating, we got some of the outside lights up before our little snow, and now I am taking count of the inside trees that need tree skirts and I will soon post on a little tree skirt project! Till then. . . .enjoy the holidays. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the snowman quilt - such cute fabric. I am sure your DIL was thrilled with it and then to get a tablerunner, too. Backing it in flannel was a great idea. Have a wonderful Christmas!