Friday, May 14, 2010

Well, I finally did it. . .

I checked off one more thing on my very own "bucket list". . . I designed a pattern ! I will post some pictures below. It was really fun to design, and since I use AutoCad in my real life job, it made writing the pattern fun, and easy to sketch with.

So, here is the pattern. . .


And here is another picture of the quilt. . it is made with a panel, 2 charm square packs and yardage. If you look closely, there are a couple pictures of outhouses in the quilt. . . I have a fondness for outhouses. . . so in the next picture, you can see my quilt label, which is an outhouse, and, yes the door has a little handle and opens ! and inside is my label. I also digitized the outhouse border quilting. That was also a line item on my "bucket list"- to digitize a quilting pattern. Thanks to my Statler Sibling Janice B. for some technical help on getting that to work, and it sewed out beautifully.


So. . . easy quilt, easy pattern, but it sure feels good to have accomplished a couple of my bucket list items !





Now. . . I need to kick it into gear this afternoon and pack. . . the band and I are heading out to Medora, ND for a gig. . . .. Bluegrass and Ribs. . .. Spiritwood Creek Bluegrass Band is heading WEST ! sounds like it might create something to blog about next time !
















5 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations on writing a pattern. And what a beautiful quilt too! It is inspirational. I know I'd love to make a quilt using this design. Can't wait to see your design in all the quilt shops!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barb said...

How exciting!!

Kim Brackett said...

Yaaayy! Congratulations! It's a beauty! And good for you crossing something off your bucket list.

julia quilts said...

I like that! It's great news!

Nancy said...

Howdy Beth,
It was lovely to talk to you in Faye's Henhouse. I will look forward to learning about web rings from you. BTW I learn you are a bluegrass fan. So are my hubby and I. In fact we are going out to Cross Ranch park for the Bluegrass Concert on the 18th and 19th on our way to visit my sister in Billings.
Will you be there?
We could meet up and talk music and quilting!
Cheers,
Nancy Drew