Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lots of catchin' up to do !

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter ! We took a short trip to Minnesota, played with the rellies and had a great time. It even felt a bit like spring there. . . When we left, there was a pile of snow as high as my shoulder next to the driveway. . by the time I got back it was only knee high. Today it's only ankle high, so we are making progress. Unfortunately, as the snow melts, the rivers rise and there has been alot of sandbagging going on here in town and in surrounding towns and farms. Here in town we are waiting to see how high the river will crest. . .
Time for some quilting pictures. . . here is a quilt I made because I liked the quilting stitch. . .I named the quilt "Candy Kisses". Before I bought my longarm machine, I was usually inspired either by the fabric or the pattern, now I get inspired by the quilting stitch which then leads me to the fabric and pattern. A little backwards, but. . . . it works for me. "Candy Kisses" is for my daughter and was mostly pieced last spring, and I finally finished the border, quilted and bound it in February of this year. It turned out to be a pretty appropriate time to finish it what with all the valentines candy in the fabric. Not, however, probably the best time to post this. . Valentines would have been better, but, well, there isn't an Easter quilt to post about right now so I need to take what I can get.

Anyway, about the title of the post. . .First I was working like crazy to get enough done so I could take a few days off without guilt. . . now, I am working like crazy to catch up after being gone. I did end up feeling some guilt, but it was so nice to get away too. Even had my own little shop hop ! I got to go to 4 Minnesota quilt shops thanks to my SIL for 2 stops and DH for 2 stops on the way home! It is always SO interesting checking out different shops. Thankfully, Mr. Willow Lake Stitches doesn't mind stopping, and even comes in sometimes and checks out the fabric - wait - maybe he is checking on me !



4 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad you're getting the potential to thaw out a bit. Have you broken out the dulcimer yet? I figured you'd have it mastered by now.

Candace said...

Well I'm so glad you got away, Beth! And being able to have your own little shop hop to and fro is icing on the cake! I'm glad the snow is melting, but sorry to hear the rivers are still rising. When will it end!
Love the new quilt - and this is the first time I've seen candy kisses quilted - cute!
Cheers!

Dixie Supler said...

Thanks for the tour of your quilting room today. Now I'd like to see you in action, so let me know when you're working on your longarm machine some day so I can come watch!!!!

Cindy's Stitching said...

love this quilt, my kids love music. The top quilting is amazing