Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Don't you just love T-Shirt quilts ?


Here's a picture of our nephew and his then girlfriend ( now wife ) on their graduation day with the t-shirt quilt that I made him. Actually, in full disclosure, this was before I purchased my longarm, so I pieced this quilt, and then had it quilted. This probably was the catalyst for me to get my own machine, though ! Now, my niece-in-law has asked me to make her a t-shirt quilt too ( no hurry she said. . . . ha ha . . . she doesn't know HOW LONG my project list is ! and my project list even includes a t-shirt quilt for me. . . anyway, she made it on the list. ) OOPS I probably just spilled the beans, because my niece also wants a t-shirt quilt, but she has a sewing machine and is just starting to learn to quilt. I told her that I would be very happy to show her how to piece one of these and then would quilt it for her, but that she would have to make the top ! Her quilt is for her son who is graduating this school year.
Don't forget you can click on the picture to see an enlargement, and look near my N-I-L's wrist, we put a picture of our nephew on photofabric of him singing in a concert in the quilt too !
Anyway, the quilt in the picture turned out so nice, and the backing is flannel, and we all know how cozy that feels to wrap up in !

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Beth! Hope this post means you are feeling better and gearing up for a long, cold winter! Great quilt, as always. Your talent always shines!

Barb said...

Glad you are back! I love how the t-shirt quilts turn out, I have made one....