Sunday, December 27, 2009

Maybe in time for NEXT Christmas !

Well, it's December 27th, here's hoping you all had a blessed Christmas. Ours was a quiet one, with family all snowed in and not able to travel. They did get here on Saturday though, and had to leave again tonite. So, this blizzard we had is now being called the Christmas Blizzard of 2009. Lots of snow, although I haven't heard the total yet. Now that I found ( actually stole from my "flip" video camera ) some batteries, maybe I will snap some pics of our winter wonderland tomorrow.



Now for some "old business" . . .

Here is the picture of the table topper from the last post. It is laying on a reddish quilt, but what do you think? Red binding or Green ? Better let me know quick so I can finish it before NEXT Christmas !



"New Business" is. . . my DD was home for Christmas, and she is a stylist, and I finally did the plunge and had her cut my hair. It was once again almost to my waist, and is now the shortest that I have had it in the last 48 years. I don't remember how long my hair had been back then, but I do remember my Mom had it cut in a "pixie" style and I remember crying for days. Little did she know how much that would traumatize me and for how long. . . well, it is NOT as short as a Pixie, but pretty short for me. And how am I doing about it now ?. . . well, no tears, and so far no regrets. . .. . . . .

5 comments:

Barb said...

I am going to do one of those for sure....I like the red!!

Jenny said...

Stay warm. I say definitely dark green. But then you know what kind of a quilter I am anyway!

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

I would go for a green border.
Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

my vote is for the green! I want to see blizzard pictures and the pictures of your hair.....I had a pixie too......it was a long. long time ago!!!

quiltmom anna said...

HI Beth,
I remember having long hair as a child - mid back area and having it cut into a pixie cut.
The lady who cut is was my mom's cousin who happened to be a hairdresser. She cried as she cut it - she wasn't at all sure that my mom was doing the right thing.
It has never been that long again. Funny the things we remember..
Hope you are having a wonderful winter and getting some time to quilt.
Regards,
Anna